Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gone, but never far away


Dad & brand new, Hunter!
Sometimes it's a song, sometimes it's a scent, other times it's a food or watching my son play and grow; today, it was listening to my husband talk history and politics that overwhelmed me with memories of my Dad.  While I didn't always appreciate it as a child, as an adult, I admire my fathers love of history and the family vacations centered on historical places.  I want that for Hunter.  How lucky am I that my husband loves history and happens to be a phenomenal story teller!  Today, Drew was telling Hunter about some moments in history.  Hunter was mesmerized and hanging on every word.   It's beautiful that through Drew, Hunter will get to experience something special I loved about my father. (and hopefully, really love about his Dad!)  I often wish my Dad was here to watch Hunter grow. He was so proud to have a grandson.  If only he knew he'd have two!  My Dad had passed long before my nephew was born.  I'm just so happy he was around long enough to see life come full circle at least once.  So, today, I had the opportunity to step back, take everything in, and really enjoy the perspective.  It's these moments that remind us to appreciate now, cherish each day, really love the people important in your life and make a point to be present in your own life. I'm trying to make it a point to apply this to my life until it becomes habit.  Today has been a beautiful reminder and fantastic inspiration.  Miss you Dad!

 

These handsome guys are: hubby Drew, Dad, and my brother Jay
Drew and Hunter today, Best Buddies


No comments:

Post a Comment